Ford F7000 Box truck, Lift gate, passes BIT New Radiator – $4000 (san jose south)
$4000 cash, As-is
1985 Ford F7000 diesel bobtail box truck. $4000 obo, or trade. All serious offers considered.
Will trade for 20 foot or longer enclosed car hauling trailer with a ramp.
Needs brake cylinders – They work, but leak. Approximately $600 in parts, $400 in labor. We can get it done before sale if you wish to add $1000 to the sale price. The invoice for the work will be included with the title transfer.
This truck is currently at our mechanic’s shop awaiting a decision on the brake work. We decided we would rather sell since we don’t need the truck anymore.
Solid reliable runner. Starts every time, VERY reliable.
Recent service last week includes:
– New radiator
– All lubrication
– New front shocks
– New tie rod end
– Passes BIT inspection
– 25,500 lbs GVWR
– 20 foot cargo box
– Access doors on each side of cargo box
– Maxon fold-under hydraulic lift gate.
– Detroit 40 series turbo diesel engine
– Allison 5-speed manual transmission
– 2-speed rear differential
– Belly boxes on each side
– Dual 30-gal diesel tanks
– Starts right away every time, extremely reliable
– New rear tires
– New rear brake linings and drums.
– Electric hydraulic brakes
– 225K miles
– Interior of the box is lined with T-trak (E-Track, or ETRACK) cargo strapping rails, and D-ring rails.
Recently serviced, lubricated, and maintained by certified mechanics.
– Some smoke on cold starts that goes away once warmed up.
– Interior dashboard illumination is very dim
– Paint is faded, some surface rust on the cab. (Does not leak)
This has been a rock solid reliable truck.